Monday, March 1, 2010

Church Is Where It Presents Itself in Nature


The mountain to the north of me looked close, so, I walked towards it on series of desert pathways leading to the river beneath. The pathway was worn fairly clean, but showing animal tracks, broken sticks and bent weeds. The sun was high above the desert, making the sand glisten like small diamonds embedded within. I saw hawks soaring above seeking out their prey. Wow, even a buzzard caught standing inside a deer's hollow belly snipping away at tendon and flesh. Such a scene of God's beautiful creation....a church attended on Sunday.

The river water was clear with exposed rocks and boulders everywhere. It was shallow with currents eddying in all directions. A salmon here and a trout there swimming away from my vibrations. The mountain was reflected in a sizable pool near the far bank of the stream. What a sight to behold. It was a prayer for Jim to view. As the stream went south, the sparkle of the sun's rays hit the rippling water, leaving a sense of wonderment in my heart. I said hello to God this day as a result.

I returned to my campsite feeling better than before. The pathway to North America's beauty was found once more. I will see it again and again...a promise made to myself at the beginning of this trek.

No comments:

Post a Comment